Monday, January 3, 2011

To Color or Not to Color?

I love color. In fact, I think my favorite color is probably red. I find myself wanting to use it in every room! The hard part about color is that it is so taste specific. The color you love, may or may not be the color a potential buyer loves.

The hardest part about putting your home on the market is making those difficult decisions to neutralize your home. For those who love color, they feel it makes their home feel blah. But when a potential buyer walks into a home that has a neutral color, the current owner's taste is not imposing. This is a much easier way of helping buyers see themselves in a home. Rule #1 in preparing your home for sale; take yourself personally out of your home and begin to see it as property for sale.

No comments: